Tag Archives: realestate
With each year, NY City and State pass new laws and amend laws in Real Estate Transactions. As a real estate agent it is your job and due diligence to keep up to date so that you may best serve your client and protect yourself from any unwarranted allegations. We recently came across such an article via Top 5 New Real Estate Laws Affecting NYers in 2015 | Andrew Lieb. Here at Realty Executives NY we hope that our Owners, Brokers, Managers, and Agents take a look at 5 of the latest changes and additions to the 2015 Year. Listed below are the main points but you must click on the article above to read in detail what each entails.
- National Flood Insurance Program Reformed
- New York Estate and Gift Tax Reforms
- New York Leases Required to have Sprinkler System Notice
- Foreclosure Updates: Conferences, Service Members and Phantom Income
- New York Real Estate Brokerage Rebates
Good Afternoon Everyone,
I’m sure you have all seen the snow falling and heard of the impending blizzard warnings. We thought we would take the time to list some tips for all of you snow adventurers.
- Stay indoors during the storm.
- Walk carefully on snowy, icy, walkways.
- Avoid overexertion when shoveling snow. Overexertion can bring on a heart attack—a major cause of death in the winter. Use caution, take breaks, push the snow instead of lifting it when possible, and lift lighter loads.
- Keep dry. Change wet clothing frequently to prevent a loss of body heat. Wet clothing loses all of its insulating value and transmits heat rapidly.
- Drive only if it is absolutely necessary. If you must drive: travel in the day; don’t travel alone; keep others informed of your schedule; stay on main roads and avoid back road shortcuts.
- Let someone know your destination, your route, and when you expect to arrive. If your car gets stuck along the way, help can be sent along your predetermined route.
- If the pipes freeze, remove any insulation or layers of newspapers and wrap pipes in rags. Completely open all faucets and pour hot water over the pipes, starting where they were most exposed to the cold (or where the cold was most likely to penetrate).
- Maintain ventilation when using kerosene heaters to avoid build-up of toxic fumes. Refuel kerosene heaters outside and keep them at least three feet from flammable objects.
- Conserve fuel, if necessary, by keeping your residence cooler than normal. Temporarily close off heat to some rooms.
- If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a temperature no lower than 55ºF.
All these facts and more can be found on http://www.ready.gov/winter-weather
Realty Executives of New York
Don’t sell your home on your own. Get a qualified Realty Executive Agent to hold your open house. Don’t make the mistake of staying on the market for too long.
Realty Executives NY
We wish you all a Happy New Year and invite you in the month of January 2015 to join us for our 31 Day Blog Challenge!! We will be posting every day of the week news, real estate facts, photos, videos, articles, and of course Realty Executives NY updates! We are very excited to be starting a New Year 2015 and welcome you all to join along!
Winter Home Buying Season is here and January 2015 is just around the corner! Have you begun creating your business plan for the New Year?
In initiating your plan, you should survey the upcoming trends in the real estate market. What are the achievable goals and who should you target in the upcoming year? According to the Emerging Trends in Real Estate 2015, the millennials are the group that will be making the most impact in the coming year. “One camp is convinced that the millennials will revert to the mean and want private offices and will move to the suburbs to raise families. The other side feels like they will continue with the same behavior they have exhibited.” (PWC & ULI) There will also be an increase in foreign buyers investing in properties in major cities; New York outer boroughs being a few. You should also see an increase in the technological firms that will be partnering with major real estate companies and agents who are seeking to make an even greater presence in their market. According to Emerging Trends, these technological firms are being used to upgrade websites and create new apps for the millions glued to their IPhones and Androids.
However, we decided to go to the source, our Realty Executives Agents and see what they have witnessed in their market. Read more below!
What can you tell us about this Winter home buying season and the future in your Real estate market area?
“Winter buying in my area has been pretty busy. This time last year we had bad weather which kept a lot of people home but I have a lot of activity on my listings and buyers are out in packs. First quarter of 2015 will be really good due in part to low interest rates.”- Femi Adebanjo, Realty Executives 1st.
Realty Executives NY
Emerging Trends in Real Estate: http://uli.org/wp-content/uploads/ULI-Documents/Emerging-Trends-in-Real-Estate-2015.pdf
Realty Executives NY Franchise Booklet: http://issuu.com/realtyexecutivesint/docs/franchisesalesbrochure/1?e=3563440/5522829
Contributing Realty Executives Agents:
Femi Adebanjo, Associate Broker, SRES,SFR,RSSP, Realty Executives 1st: 917-337-3727; http://www.femiadebanjo.com
Wishing all our Agents a Wonderful Holiday Season and Look forward to an amazing 2015!
Realty Executives NY
1st Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive
Realty Executives of New York Offices are contributing to collecting canned goods for our Food Drive. So far we have filled 3 Boxes and still have a week left to increase that amount. Thank you to all the Real Estate Agents that have contributed.
“None of us got to where we are alone. Whether the assistance we received was obvious or subtle, acknowledging someone’s help is a big part of understanding the importance of saying thank you.” –Harvey Mackay
Let us remember that we can all make a difference in someone’s life. No matter how miniscule you believe your contribution may be, it will be justified when knowing someone in need will be receiving you donation this Holiday Season!
Its not too late for you to contribute! Scroll Down to see our Realty Executives Office Locations that are accepting Donations.
Executives Today: 32-56 Steinway Street, Astoria, NY 11103
Realty Executives 1st: 129 Broadway, Lynbrook, NY 11563
Realty Executives Powerhouse: 244-06 Jericho Tpke, Floral Park, NY 11001
Sincerely, Realty Executives NY