With each year, NY City and State pass new laws and amend laws in Real Estate Transactions. As a real estate agent it is your job and due diligence to keep up to date so that you may best serve your client and protect yourself from any unwarranted allegations. We recently came across such an article via Top 5 New Real Estate Laws Affecting NYers in 2015 | Andrew Lieb. Here at Realty Executives NY we hope that our Owners, Brokers, Managers, and Agents take a look at 5 of the latest changes and additions to the 2015 Year. Listed below are the main points but you must click on the article above to read in detail what each entails.
- National Flood Insurance Program Reformed
- New York Estate and Gift Tax Reforms
- New York Leases Required to have Sprinkler System Notice
- Foreclosure Updates: Conferences, Service Members and Phantom Income
- New York Real Estate Brokerage Rebates
Good Afternoon Everyone,
I’m sure you have all seen the snow falling and heard of the impending blizzard warnings. We thought we would take the time to list some tips for all of you snow adventurers.
- Stay indoors during the storm.
- Walk carefully on snowy, icy, walkways.
- Avoid overexertion when shoveling snow. Overexertion can bring on a heart attack—a major cause of death in the winter. Use caution, take breaks, push the snow instead of lifting it when possible, and lift lighter loads.
- Keep dry. Change wet clothing frequently to prevent a loss of body heat. Wet clothing loses all of its insulating value and transmits heat rapidly.
- Drive only if it is absolutely necessary. If you must drive: travel in the day; don’t travel alone; keep others informed of your schedule; stay on main roads and avoid back road shortcuts.
- Let someone know your destination, your route, and when you expect to arrive. If your car gets stuck along the way, help can be sent along your predetermined route.
- If the pipes freeze, remove any insulation or layers of newspapers and wrap pipes in rags. Completely open all faucets and pour hot water over the pipes, starting where they were most exposed to the cold (or where the cold was most likely to penetrate).
- Maintain ventilation when using kerosene heaters to avoid build-up of toxic fumes. Refuel kerosene heaters outside and keep them at least three feet from flammable objects.
- Conserve fuel, if necessary, by keeping your residence cooler than normal. Temporarily close off heat to some rooms.
- If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a temperature no lower than 55ºF.
All these facts and more can be found on http://www.ready.gov/winter-weather
Realty Executives of New York
Open Houses this Weekend
**If interested in properties please visit Open Houses this weekend. If you are unable to attend you must schedule an appointment with the listing agent. Thank you!****If interested in properties please visit Open Houses this weekend. If you are unable to attend you must schedule an appointment with the listing agent. Thank you!**
5 Benefits of Becoming an Executive
- You can be inspired to succeed when you’re surrounded by Top Producers.
- You can have higher quality transactions with out unsurpassed support.
- You’ll personally benefit from our strong, united marketing efforts, including leads from our world-class website.
- You can enjoy greater success with the freedom to run your own business.
- You’ll feel better about yourself when you’re part of a consistent value system.
“Associate yourself with the best!”
-Realty Executives NY
-Realty Executives of New York
Good Morning Realty Executives Agents!!! I’m sure you are all aware that in your position meeting strangers puts you at a higher safety risk. We must be vigilant when meeting clients and aware that not everyone is a friend. The below video was created by Realtor Magazine and it includes 12 Tips When Meeting Strangers. We suggest watching it and taking note.
More information can be found at the following link: http://speakingofrealestate.blogs.realtor.org/2014/12/24/realtor-safety-when-meeting-strangers-12-tips/#sf6871283
-Realty Executives of New York